Sunday, November 17, 2013

Review: Crash into You by Katie McGarry

17233800
Crash into You by Katie McGarry
Publisher- Harlequin Teen
Released- Nov 26th 2013
Pre-Order- Amazon / B & N


The girl with straight As, designer clothes and the perfect life-that's who people expect Rachel Young to be. So the private-school junior keeps secrets from her wealthy parents and overbearing brothers...and she's just added two more to the list. One involves racing strangers down dark country roads in her Mustang GT. The other? Seventeen-year-old Isaiah Walker-a guy she has no business even talking to. But when the foster kid with the tattoos and intense gray eyes comes to her rescue, she can't get him out of her mind.
Isaiah has secrets, too. About where he lives, and how he really feels about Rachel. The last thing he needs is to get tangled up with a rich girl who wants to slum it on the south side for kicks-no matter how angelic she might look.
But when their shared love of street racing puts both their lives in jeopardy, they have six weeks to come up with a way out. Six weeks to discover just how far they'll go to save each other.
My Thoughts:
Katie McGarry books just keep getting better and better! Every time I pick up one of her books it feels like I’m running reds. Once I start, I just can’t stop.
Crash into You is yet another must read for McGarry fans. This is the much anticipated story that a lot of us have been waiting for. Isaiah’s book, and I gotta tell ya, it doesn't disappoint! McGarry has gotz some mad skills when writing realistic contemporary. Her stories are filled with gritty raw emotions that are pushed to the ultimate limits. Her writing always seems to have this edge to it that skims the lines of dangerous, adventurous and the feeling of falling. Her characters aren't all sunshine and daisies, they’re real and flawed and I can’t seem to ever get enough.

Rachel Young has a good life. She’s beautiful, wealthy and sweet but lives a very sheltered life. Having a twin brother and three older brothers who are crazy over protected is one thing, but she also has the added responsibility of competing with a ghost,  her deceased sister who her mom can’t seem to stop mourning and compares Rachel to at every turn of her life. It’s no wonder Rachel feels like the weak link in her family and why she feels the need to keep secrets to protect them. But there is one place that feels like home. Her Mustang. There is nothing quite like the rumble, speed and power that her car can give her, it’s the only place she goes for escape, the one place she feels like she belong. But her passion has led her down the wrong road and soon Rachel is in more trouble then she knows what to do with.
Isaiah has never had an easy life. He’s had to struggle since the day his mom left him when he was a little boy. Shuffling through the system and trying to escape his past, the only place he calls home is with his best friend Noah and the girl that makes him smile, Echo. They’re the only family he has. But something changed one faithful night looking for some cash in the last place Isaiah wanted to go. He saved an angel that night…or maybe it was the other way around.

The Pushing the Limits series is by far one of my favorite all time contemps, there is just so much heart and soul in these books with flesh and blood characters that have me completely absorbed in all their angst and drama from minute one.
I have a confession. After reading the second book, I was sort of bent that Isaiah wasn't the one for Beth and as much as I enjoyed that book, apart of me still wished it went a different way. But after reading this book, I totally take that back. I see now that McGarry knows exactly what she’s doing with her fictional children and like a good mom knows exactly what they need. Looking at Noah and Echo, Beth and Ryan and Isaiah and Rachel, everything is right with the world again.

With an already stunningly realistic cast of characters from the previous books, I found myself wonderfully surprised that McGarry can still bring in more to this party and make it even better, adding to my growing list of favorites.   
Rachel is a very likable character with a lot of different layers that makes her complicated.
On the outside Rachel can play the ever perfect daughter and sister quite well. She’s shy, awkward and very naive when it comes to the real world. She’s lost and angry and hurt that her family doesn't really see her. But inside she has a roaring passion when it comes to cars. She has this need to be wild and free and I love that she isn't intimated by Isaiah and is oddly brave with him, like a kitten who thinks it can bark.
Isaiah has always been one of my favorite characters since the first book. He’s one of those guys who looks all wrong but underneath you just can’t get any better. He may be a badass and may have the tats and attitude to prove it, but Isaiah is all heart and a bleeding one at that. He’s had a hard go of it for so long now that my heart was breaking for him after Beth. So it was really great to see a completely different side to him. I’ve always known that he’s protective and loyal, but seeing the gentler and kinder Isaiah did stupid things to my heart.
I've always been a sucker for brother/sister relationships in books, and this one has four overly protective ones that I kinda wanted to smack around a few times, but they do what brothers are suppose to do, which is nice to see. Ethan and West were my favorites. Loved the twin thing, Ethan is loyal and he always has Rachel’s back. West is the kind of  trouble that I love in my fictional boys. I can tell already that we’re going to have a lot of fun with him in the next book.
Abby was a surprise I never saw coming, I didn't expect to like her, but she really made a difference in this book and I like what she brought to the story.
Pushing the Limit fans will also be happy to know that we see a lot more of Noah and Echo then we did in the last book and we even have a bit of Beth and Ryan as well, which I thought was great since it reminded me of why I fell in love with these books in the first place…not that I needed the reminder;)

The romance in this book is the kind that I want to bear-hug. It’s wasn't all insta’-love but it was insta’-attraction, which isn't the same thing. They have such an adorable way with each other. It feels all shinny and bubbly and gives you that grin from ear to ear feeling. And if you remember Isaiah from previous books, you know that’s saying a lot. Isaiah and Rachel are total opposites and twins in the same breath. She’s rich and lives in a mansion while he lives in a shoe-box and has to scrap money off the streets to survive. But they do have a love for cars and speed in common and understand each other in ways others don’t. They may be like night and day but when ever they’re together, they light up the whole dame room and make you believe that anything is possible.

All in all, I couldn't have loved this book more. The writing is as always pitch perfect. The story line eats at your emotions and demands you to feel and these characters will jump straight to your heart leaving a lasting impression. I can’t wait to see what happens next in Take Me on. I swear, I never want these books to end. A brilliant read!

Find the author:
Goodreads / Website                                 5 Snowflakes 

0 comments:

Post a Comment