Sunday, November 1, 2015

October Monthly Wrap Up!

This month was INSANE for us!  We had so many amazing authors dropping by for interviews and some of our favorite guest posts ever!  We are truly exhausted, but wouldn't have traded this past month for anything in the world!  Not even books!  Yes we love our authors that much!  Even with all the Haunting Month excitement we still managed to squeeze in a few good reads this month so here's how October shaked down for us...


Highest Rated Book: 
There’s a tie for this one so I’m listing both.
Nameless by Jennifer Jenkins and The Book of Ivy by Amy Engel
Lowest Rated Book:
I’ve been lucky this month. They’ve all been good.
Special Feature: 
Movie: Love the Coopers (November 2015) I’m ready for some good family comedy. Something light and fun.
Youtube Official Trailer #1:
When four generations of the Cooper clan come together for their annual Christmas Eve celebration, a series of unexpected visitors and unlikely events turn the night upside down, leading them all toward a surprising rediscovery of family bonds and the spirit of the holiday.
My November TBR:
Unforgiven (Fallen #5) by Lauren Kate
The Revolution of Ivy (The Book of Ivy #2) by Amy Engel
Fearless (Avena #3) by Marianne Curley


October was a pretty average month. I didn’t have any standout books that rocked my shelf or any major disappointments. I’ll be finishing the month with about 12 read books, so here’s my recap.
Highest rated book:
From a pool of 4 star books, I’d say Ana of California by Andi Teran was closest to the top. I really enjoyed that one.
Lowest rated book:
My lowest rating was a few 3 star books, but since they weren’t major disappointments, I won’t call out any of them out.
Special feature:
I doubt I’m the only one anticipating the final movie installment for Mockingjay in November. I can’t wait to see it. I wonder what next YA series will capture the attention of the movie industry now that Hunger Games and Divergent are coming to a close.
My November TBR:
For November, I plan to dive into some early holiday reads. Nothing in particular just anything festive and fun.

Highest Rated:
I had a couple of 4 stars this month, but the two that stand out the most are A Madness so Discreet by Mindy McGinnis and Slasher Girls & Monster Boys by April Genevieve Tucholke & authors
Lowest Rated:
My lowest was Calling Maggie May by Anonymous.  I ended up giving this one 0 stars unfortunately. If anyone has read this and wants to explain it please help!
Special Feature:
I am most excited for The Last Witch Hunter with Vin Diesel!  Yes I am a Diesel fan and this movie looks all kinds of spectacular!
My November TBR: 
I hope to read Falling Kingdoms & Rebel Spring by Morgan Rhodes.  I've already started Falling Kingdoms and it is amazing!  I also want to read Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin.
Highest rated book: 
I gave 5 stars to both UNDERWATER by Marisa Reichardt and BLACKHEARTS by Nicole Castroman
Lowest rated book:
Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally
Special feature:
I am obviously very excited about the Star Wars trailer that was released a while ago! I am also dying to see the last Hunger Games film. I have actually been saving Mockingjay part 1 so I can watch them close to each other (yes, I still haven't seen Mockingjay pt.1). I am not a huge fan of this trend of dividing adapted books into two different movies and always when possible I save the first film to be watched close to the release of the second film.
My November TBR:
Winter by Marissa Meyer (OBVIOUSLY!) and Carry On by Rainbow Rowell

Highest rated book:
5 stars for The Iron Warrior by Julie Kagawa! This was an exciting and amazing finale to a much loved series. It will be missed.
Lowest rated book:
3 stars for Life and Death-Twilight Reimagined. This was an entertaining version, but I still think Bella and Edward had the better story.
Special feature:
I can't wait for The Hunger Games- Mockingjay part 2 to hit theatres next month. It's gonna be epic!
My November TBR:
Up next I'm excited to get my grabby hand on: November 9 by Colleen Hoover and Soundless by Richelle Mead

One more thing before we go.  We want to thank all the amazing authors and publicist that made our Haunting Month a HUGE success.  Our month was totally made and I can't express how thankful we are to each and every one of you.  You are why we blog and why we spend countless hours on our computers reviewing, creating, drafting, begging, pleading, and book chatting for hours with other bloggers, publicists, and friends.  I don't think we could ever truly show how thankful we are so please know that you rocked our October and we are forever grateful to each and every one of you.  

That's a wrap for us! What were your highest rated or lowest rated books? What's on your tbr for next month?? Leave a comment and let us know!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that October was a crazy, busy, but enjoyable month for you ladies. Arlene, I was the same, I only had a couple of so-so books this month, here's hoping we have some brilliant reads in November! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys have had an awesome month. I love October for many reasons, but of course my birthday is my biggest. Lots of books read, and some I wanted to start but didn't. Still, great month!

    ReplyDelete